gams 3 column

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rain, Rain

I have had a busy weekend.  I went to visit the familia in Columbia.  Mom, Caroline, and I did a little shopping for ourselves and for the upcoming wedding reception of Lee, my cousin, and Lauren.  Trot and I headed back to Oxford on Sunday and Kevin was back in town that evening.  He took Monday off to recoup from travelling and the sickness (coughing, sneezing, etc).  It is raining here but I am cool with it because Trot is always so calm on rainy days.  Mostly because he is scared but I will take what I can get.

My project of the day was to revamp a yard sale tray.  This is what I started with...
Mom donated the tray to the cause.  I tried to remove the malt shopper to no avail so I gave the tray multiple coats of white primer.  I then sprayed the whole thing with almond colored spray paint.  It already looked ten times better but it needed soemthing else.  I had seen via http://www.centsationalgirl.com/ a tray she created for her husband on Valentine's Day.  I found the sheet music to Elton John's "Your Song" (the first song Kevin and I danced to at our wedding) on the Internet and printed that out.  I did a little trimming of the paper and Mod Podge the chorus page to the tray.
There are a few bubbles but for not having a roller it isn't too bad.  I have a one-of-a-kind tray that reminds me of our special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment