gams 3 column

Monday, May 23, 2011

Out of Town

Kevin and I left Oxford last week for my hometown of Columbia, TN.  One of my cousins was getting married over the weekend.  Mom and I volunteered to decorate for the reception and has a great time doing so.  Lee and Lauren are big UK fans so the primary color was Kentucky blue.  The whole wedding was on a budget so Mom and I had to be creative.  All of the table centerpieces were different.

Nathan painted this tree.  All the family added their thumbprint in dark green while all the wedding party added theirs in the lighter green.  I am jealous and want one of my own.

The bride and groom table decked out in blue.  The chair covers are monogrammed with their names and the UK symbol on the back.  The best part is they can be used as pillow cases.  The blue vase was my grandmothers and is filled with Christmas lights.



These 2 glass pieces were from my mom's collection.  We filled with crinkle paper added blue Ws (the new bride's monogram) and surrounded with candles. 

This was our table's centerpiece.  I love the branches.  The reception site has 2 exposed brick walls and the branches and blue looked fantastic.

My grandfather always sent my grandmosther flowers.  She passed away almost 2 years ago.  We had the florist use her vases for all of the flowers.  On a budget note, these were the same flowers used at the rehearsal dinner. 


The cakes looked great and tasted even better.  Neelley from the Sweet Life, a high school friend of mine, made the cakes. 

We had a great time.  The wedding went smoothly.  The reception was a blast.  And I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people.


Have a sweet day!





The Trendy Treehouse


Beyond The Picket Fence





Catch a Glimpse Button

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue! Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"!

    ReplyDelete