gams 3 column

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yummy Pics

I have been needing some kind of decor to flank the sides of the large window I have in my kitchen.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money (I am still tutoring part-time).  First, I took pics of the many desserts I have made over the past few weeks.  I made cookies, chocolate pudding pie, brownies, and chocolate dipped pretzels.  I took pictures of each and printed them at Wal Mart.  The cost for a 5x7 was $2.00.  I bought these frames at Goodwill.
The frames were $0.59 a piece.  That's right.  Two were wooden and two were black with gold trim.  I had to sand the gold trim down before painting which was not fun.  I painted each with black paint I already had. 
I originally bought white mats but the frames are an odd 8 1/2 by 10 1/2.  I taped the pics to the cardboard backing that came with frames.  It looks suprisingly good.

The frames look great and the cost of the project was less than $13.00.

I am linking up to these parties.  Check them out and if you check me out and like what you see, FOLLOW!











Have a sweet day!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute way to show off your cooking skills. :)
    Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    I hope to see you again this week! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete