gams 3 column

Friday, May 13, 2011

Goodwill Treasure

It has been a crazy week.  I have been unofficially offered a job at the local high school.  I was approved by the school board and am waiting for contracts to come in.  Ole Miss took finals this week.  All of my student athletes had finals scheduled so we had cram sessions.  I am sure (hoping) that they all did fantastic on their final.  Kevin has been busy with the SEC Softball Tournament.  Ole Miss is hosting the tournament and while he doesn't have any particular job, he is doing everything. 

I did work on a project yesterday while Kevin spend the whole day at the field.  I found this gem at Goodwill for $3.99.

The table is brown with gold supports.  There is a piece of glass that sits in the top opening.  It was beaten up on the top and had quite a few drink rings.  Trot wanted to get in on the action.  I started with sanding the entire piece.  I gave it a weak coat of brown.  Then I added 2 coats of flat black paint.  After the paint dryed, I sanded the piece on the corners and edges to distress it a bit.
I am thinking about covering the glass with fabric to give it a different look.  We will see.  I placed the table in the entryway across from the table with the lamp that I refinished a couple of months ago.  I added Nathan's painting above the table.
The table is bare but I am working on it.  I found a metal bucket at Goodwill for $1.99.  I added Dollar Tree rocks and placed branches in the bucket.  These brances are awesome.  They are covered in Christmas lights that are battery-powered.  The lights were a birthday present from my Mom, we found them a TJ Maxx.

Have a sweet day!


If you like my blog, please click the follow button or add me to your daily reads.  It makes my day.

The Girl Creative


2 comments:

  1. Cute! Adding fabric would really change it up, you could change it with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Such a great find! Love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see you again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete